• Government co-contribution

  • If you earn less than $36,813 in the 2017/18 financial year, the Federal Government will match 50 cents for every dollar you contribute to your superannuation account.

    • You can receive the maximum government co-contribution of $500 if your total income is no more than $36,813.
    • If your income is between $36,813 and $51,813, you may still qualify for a reduced co-contribution.
    • Your total income is your total assessable income, plus reportable employer superannuation contributions and reportable fringe benefits.

    Use the table below as a guide to government co-contribution rates for the 2017/18 financial year.  

      If your after-tax super contribution is:
      $1000 $800 $500 $200
    And your total income is: Your government co-contribution will be:
    $36,813 or less $500 $400 $250 $100
    $40,813 $367 $367 $250 $100
    $44,813 $233 $233 $233 $100
    $48,813 $100 $100 $100 $100
    $51,813 or more $0 $0 $0 $0
  • Do I qualify for a government co-contribution?

    To be eligible for the co-contribution, you must:

    • Have a total income of less than $51,021 pa
    • Make after-tax contributions to your super account
    • Earn 10% or more of your total income from eligible employment or carrying on a business or a mixture of both
    • Not hold an eligible temporary resident visa at any time during the year
    • Lodge an income tax return
    • Be less than 71 years old at the end of the financial year
    • Have a total superannuation balance of less than the transfer balance cap ($1.6 million for the 2017/18 financial year) at the end of 30 June of the previous financial year, and
    • Must not have made after tax contributions of more than your non-concessional contributions cap.

    Need advice?

  • How do I make an after-tax super contribution?

    Put a little bit away regularly to build for a better retirement.

    BPAY logo 2014The path to a more comfortable future starts now! It all begins with making contributions to your superannuation account when you're young and growing your investment through compound investment returns over the long term. Whether you've just recently come across a sum of money, received a pay rise at work, or have budgeted your finances to allow room to save more every week - a little bit goes a long way and it all begins now!

    Grow your super by making personal payments straight into your account. You can choose to make a one-off lump sum payment, or make an arrangement with your payroll office where a small amount is deducted from your pay cheque on a regular basis.

    Making an after-tax (non-concessional) contribution is no different to paying a bill or transferring money via BPAY®:

    • Use phone or internet banking through your bank, building society or credit union
    • Quote our Biller Code 444232  
    • Enter your account number as the customer reference number (CRN) (employers enter their BPAY reference number)
    • Allow up to three working days for bank transfer and processing time.

    To find out your account number, login to Members online or call us on 1300 658 776. Employers also need to forward (by email: cssf@catholicsuper.com.au) a contribution remittance advice to the Fund so we can correctly allocate contributions to member accounts.

    Refer to our page on How to contribute to superannuation for more details and other contribution payment methods.

    ®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.

  • What qualifies as a personal super contribution?

    These are the amounts that you contribute to your superannuation account from your after-tax income. Please note that this is in addition to any SG contributions made by your employer or through salary sacrifice.

    The following contributions do not attract the government co-contribution:

    • Contributions made by a spouse or pre-tax contributions by an employer
    • Salary sacrifice contributions made from your before-tax income

    Need advice?

  • When do I need to make my contribution?

    In order for the contribution to be allocated for that financial year, it must be received before the close of the last business day in that financial year (30 June).

    Please remember your financial institution's processing time-frames, whether you are making payment via BPAY and postage time-frames if sending a cheque. It is recommended that you allow at least three business days for BPAY and 7-10 business days for postage.

  • How do I receive my government co-contribution payment?

    You don’t need to apply for the co-contribution.

    The Australian Taxation Office will work out whether you are eligible and will calculate your government co-contribution. Any payment will be paid directly into your Australian Catholic Superannuation account in the financial year following your contribution.