• How to contribute to superannuation

  • 1. Concessional (before-tax) contributions

    These contributions are taxed at a 'concessional' rate of 15%, as opposed to your marginal rate that applies to your wages and salary.

    Superannuation Guarantee

    As a general rule, your employer will make compulsory Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions at 9.5% of your salary into your account, subject to you meeting the minimum qualifying criteria.

    You will find that this amount accumulated over your working life is not enough to provide for a comfortable retirement. However, there are a number of ways that you can make additional superannuation contributions to your account. Here is where you can make informed decisions to make additional voluntary superannuation contributions.

    Salary Sacrifice contributions

    Salary sacrifice contributions are when you give up part of your before-tax salary and add it directly to your account as a superannuation contribution. 

    Self-employed contributions

    If you are self-employed you will not receive Superannuation Guarantee contributions, but you may receive a tax deduction for your own contributions.

    2. Non-concessional (after-tax) contributions

    The after-tax contributions that you make from your after-tax income, bank account, inheritance, or the sale of shares or property, can make a big difference to your balance over time. 

    After-tax contributions

    There is a limit as to how much you can salary sacrifice (which you'll be taxed at only 15%), so you can also elect to put some money in your superannuation from other sources.

    Contribution splitting

    You can split or transfer part of your 9.5% Superannuation Guarantee payment from your employer into your spouse's account. 

    Spouse contributions

    You can top up your spouse's superannuation account and you may be eligible for a tax offset.

    Government co-contribution

    If you earn less than $51,021 per year, you could qualify for a bonus Government co-contribution of up to $500 a year.

    Low income super contributions

    The government could add up to $500 to your superannuation account if you fall in the low income bracket. Find out if you are eligible.

  • How do I make a contribution?

    Ways to contribute to super

    Here are five easy ways to make contribution payments into your Australian Catholic Superannuation account.

    1. Pay office

    To make your contribution, contact the payroll department at your place of employment and inform them that you would like to allocate more money towards your contribution. You can choose to make a one-off lump sum payment or set up regular payments. 

    2. BPAY®

    To make your contribution:

    • quote our Biller Code 444232
    • enter your super account number as the customer reference number (CRN)
    • allow three days of processing time.

    Please note that:

    • we have a daily limit of $180,000 per transaction for receipt of contributions made via BPAY, however, we do recommend that you also check with your own bank or financial institution to find out if there are any limits that they impose in relation to you making BPAY transactions
    • BPAY is not applicable for account-based pension members
    • employers also need to email a contribution remittance advice to the Fund so that we can correctly allocate contributions to member accounts. 

    ®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518. 

    3. Direct debit

    By completing a direct debit request form, you can arrange for regular monthly after-tax contributions to be paid out of your nominated bank account directly into your super account. Your account will generally be debited on the 10th of each month.

    4. EFTPOS

    EFTPOS terminals are located in all Australian Catholic Superannuation offices so you can make personal after-tax contributions to your super from your savings, credit or cheque accounts.

    5. Cheque

    Post or hand-deliver your cheque to us together with a completed lump sum contributions form.

    Need advice?